Grandmother's Love




Its hard to believe how strong grandmothers love can be.It's so
strong that the thought of her leaving my world moistens my eye.
Everything that she did for me is embedded in the inner core of
my heart and for that I can never repay her.

Where my mother stands right now is all because of my grandmom's
struggle,effort and patience.

Before my mother could complete her higher educations my grandfather
expired,and this was'nt a thing that bothered
my illiterate grandmother from educating her eldest daughter,
not even lucrative jobs that my mother could have availed during
those days with her lower secondary education.Grandma knew what
education meant.

After mom got scholarship to India for her excellence in studies,
mom said Grandma used to pick up and drop mom till the bordering
town barefeet...

 Through the thick and thin she managed to move on
with insuffciency of money.she even  sold her heirlooms
and most of the time she wove as many clothes as possible.


Her passion for flowers is mind blowing.Watering plants everyday
and treating it like her own family.
I sometimes even feel she can communicate with the flowers through
her heart,her flowers bloom so well all over the house...


I will never forget how she used to comeby at night just to
check on me,silent footsteps with rosary in her hand.....
If she finds me awake, it meant to her that im hungry and
unable to sleep,maybe because i have a strong appetite
for her foods.

It feels like my soul is getting blown away by the winds when we
depart.I will always love her and be with her,till death do us apart.
She has shown me the meaning of love and i embrace it....this creation
of god is incredible.....Grandma I LOVE YOU...:) AND THANK YOU FOR
THE EXTRA CARE AND ATTENTION YOU GAVE ME as the only male in family,
besides dad.






5 comments:

  1. i am happy for you for brother to have grand mom like her,,,and nice post keep it up brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the profound love that exists between you and your Grandma (My aunt). I know how wonderful a living soul she is. when i visited grandma last year she spoke to me about you and as she spoke i saw tears welling in her eyes. i could see how dearly she missed you. Its nice that you wrote about her. I hope the message in your expression here will get to her. I wish she was literate so that she could read your post and say 'Look, my little boy has grown up. Now he writes well and he has written this piece about me'

    when i read it, i called all my family and said 'Look, Tenzin has written about his nanny'and i read it aloud to them and we were all delighted.

    Ajang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks pema and thank you ajang jigme.........i never knew it was you........please upload some articles because i really loved it(the old ones)....thank you again.......ive started to blog recently inspired by my friends sogyel and pema wangchuk....im looking forward to work towards it.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry tenzin for not speciying my name that made you mistake me for Ajang Jigme. HA ha. it's ajang Tshewang Rabgay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ajang tshewang...i know its you....hows your family and are you home right now....keep in touch

    ReplyDelete